Mitchell Opera House
The historic Mitchell Opera House was built in 1906 and was originally County Hall when it first opened. In 1908 the building became an Opera House and was used for live Vaudeville acts, first run movies, class plays, and more. In 1930, the entertainment venue stopped hosting shows and became a storage facility for fire trucks and equipment. In the 1950's, part of the building was used as a "Teen Canteen" for youth gatherings, and thereafter became Mitchell City Hall from the 1960's until 1981. At that point, the Hartzell family took the initiative to re-open the Opera House and had occasional shows from 1985 to 2012. In the fall of 2014, the City of Mitchell deeded the property to Hoosier Uplands for renovations to the historic Mitchell Opera House in order to re-open and provide quality entertainment to the community. The venue re-opened and has provided quality entertainment since July 4th, 2015.
Please check out our website for more information about the venue and upcoming events!