Energy Assistance Program
Hoosier Uplands will once again be offering assistance with winter heating bills for income eligible residents of Lawrence, Orange, Martin and Washington Counties. Services are provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, or status as a veteran. Applications for the heating and water portion of the program will be taken from November 1, 2021 through May 16, 2022 funding permitting.
Income Guidelines for 2021-2022
| Size|| One Month|| Three Months|
| 1|| $2,251.00|| $6,753.00|
| 2|| $2,944.00|| $8,831.00|
| 3|| $3,636.00|| $10,909.00|
| 4|| $4,329.00|| $12,987.00|
| 5|| $5,022.00|| $15,065.00|
| 6|| $5,714.00|| $17,143.00|
| 7|| $5,844.00|| $17,532.00|
| 8|| $5,974.00|| $17,922.00 |
To apply for Energy and/or Water Assistance you will need:
- Proof of Income for all members of the household that are 18 years of age or older.
- Bank Statement showing Social Security, SSI, or VA.
- Benefit Letter from Social Security, SSI, VA, or Retirement.
- Employed? Last full month check stub with gross year-to-date information.
- Self Employed? Current Taxes (1040, Schedule 1, C, E, F, SE, 1099 and W-2's)
- Unemployment? see attached (DWD Release Form) *Must be filled out entirely.
- No income? Income Verification Affidavit form for all household members over the age of 18. (If you haven't had any income for the past 3 months, you must fully complete this form). See Attached
- Children over the age of 18 and still in high school or college: We need a letter of attendance from the school.
- Electric bill: We need a copy of your most recent bill showing your account number, service address and billing name.
- Gas bill: We need a copy of your most recent bill showing your account number, service address and billing name.
- Water bill: We need a copy of your most recent bill showing your account number, service address and billing name.
- Landlord Affidavit: ONLY renters with utilities included in rent must have this completed by landlord. See attached
- Social Security Cards: We must have a copy on file for all members of the household.
- Birthdates: For all members of the household (we do not need birth certificates).
- Photo ID
- Veterans: DD-214, military card, and separation papers.
Apply online here: eap.ihcda.in.gov
Please check below our New Office Hours before calling to schedule an appointment.Main Office
521 West Main Street
Mitchell, IN 47446
Phone: 812-849-4457 or Toll Free: 800-333-2451
Monday-Friday - Hours: 8:00 to 4:30
710 6th Street
Bedford, IN 47421
Monday-Thursday - Hours: 8:00 to 4:30 (Energy Assistance Office is closed on Friday)
Martin County Office
127 Water Street
Shoals, IN 47581
Monday-Tuesday-Friday - Hours: 8:00 to 4:30 (Energy Assistance Office is closed Wednesday and Thursday)
Orange County Office
200 West Court Street, Suite 3
Paoli, IN 47454
Monday-Tuesday-Thursday-Friday - Hours: 8:00 to 4:30 (Energy Assistance Office is closed Wednesday)
902 Aspen Drive
Salem, IN 47167
Phone: 812-883-5368 or Toll Free: 800-487-8890
Monday-Wednesday-Friday - Hours: 8:00 to 4:30 (Energy Assistance Office is closed Tuesday and Thursday)
Persons with speech/hearing disabilities please call Frontier's TRS at (800) 743-3333.
After hours emergencies please call 211.
Appointments are first call/first schedule basis so long as funding permits.